Workshop at the Indiana Writers Center on 12/7/19 from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
“What does a book publicist do? What do they not do? What am *I* supposed to do?!”
Book Publicity 101 answers all these questions and more. This course on book publicity covers all the basics for authors either interested in traditional publishing or considering hiring a publicist on their own. Topics include:
- Sample book launch timeline
- What a book publicist actually does
- What a publicist needs from you
- Best tips for a successful partnership
- Press releases
- Book reviews
- Print media
- Radio, podcasts, & television
- Soliciting quotes/blurbs/endorsements
- Book launch parties, signings, & other events
- Interview preparation
- Publicity angles for news & pop culture trends
- Continued publicity months & years post-publication
- How digital media intersect with marketing
- And much more!
Bring your book or work in progress, and bring your questions. We’ve got a lot to cover!